Kumasi, Ghana - Tro-Tro Bus Station

Kumasi, Ghana - Tro-Tro Bus Station

Sekondi, Ghana

Sekondi, Ghana

Friday, November 26, 2010

Thankful for a washing machine.

by mom

Since Alex arrived in Ghana he has had to wash his clothes by hand in buckets of cold water. It’s time consuming and causes lots of sore knuckles. The missionaries usually spend about 4 hours of their p-day washing clothes. Alex’s new companion, Elder Matheson, was able to get a washing machine when he came to Africa. This past week it arrived from his previous area and he is graciously sharing it with Alex. During this Thanksgiving, Alex is thankful for his new companion and for his washing machine.

Now he has a little more free time on wash day.

3 comments:

Jana E said...

Dang I better go do my laundry and enjoy every minute of it. : )

Marcus and Amy said...

Oh my goodness, I would really miss a washing machine. What a trooper for doing that by hand for so long!

Jess said...

thats exactly what i ALWAYS do when I'm waiting for my laundry to be done!