Kumasi, Ghana - Tro-Tro Bus Station

Kumasi, Ghana - Tro-Tro Bus Station

Sekondi, Ghana

Sekondi, Ghana

Friday, November 12, 2010

Pah Pah, acted like a KING

by dad

Alex wrote his sister a letter this week with this story.

I will tell you a quick story about a kid I love so much. We were on exchanges and were headed to Joseph Mann’s compound. That’s where Pah Pah stays. I love all the kids there but that kid is one of my fav! So I was telling E. Mackay about this kid, telling him how sweet he is, how he’s crazy and fun. Mostly how he and the other kids love to play with my hair. He loves it when i pick him up and put him on my shoulders. He just loves chillen up there. It’s actually quite hard to get him down because he holds on to me for dear life. He also likes how he feels when all the other kids see him up there.

So as I was telling Mackay all of this, we round the corner and have a 60 yard walk up this hill. As soon as we turn the corner, Pah Pah sees me and starts screaming “Obruni” and runs full speed down the hill to me, all the while yelling. Well, it’s Saturday morning so all the kids are out of school so it was very public.

I wish you could understand how happy I was, when I saw he was that happy to see me. As soon as he got to me, I threw him in the air and within seconds he climbed up to my shoulders and acted like a KING as I walked the rest of the way to Joseph’s house.

Man do I love the kids. Man do I love Ghana. It’s so awesome here.

loves

Alex

5 comments:

Marcus and Amy said...

What a sweet story and that picture is adorable! He is going to make one heck of a dad!

Lori B. said...

Great story. He wrote me, too this week. Awesome!

Mike and Shelby said...

Elder Darrow, you are awesome! I love that story and that picture...way cute.

Jana E said...

Awe!

Jess said...

also another fav!