Kumasi, Ghana - Tro-Tro Bus Station

Kumasi, Ghana - Tro-Tro Bus Station

Sekondi, Ghana

Sekondi, Ghana

Monday, November 22, 2010

Matching Ties. Really?

by dad

(Elder Darrow & Elder Mathesen)
I have emailed Alex the past few weeks and suggested that he grow his hair out, just a little, if for no other reason than for posterity. His response…

“Dad, ya I’m growing my hair out for you so I can get a thick awesome part, get a few pics, and then I will buzz it! It’s Too Hot here!"

This is the first of ‘a few pics’ with a little bit of hair. This picture is also his way of promoting companionship unity.

Last week, through an effort to work hard and promote “Exactness In Obedience”, they met Mike Allen. He recently graduated from University and contacted the missionaries to see if they had a book to read. They gave him a Book of Mormon. He has spent almost every day with the elders since then.

This week we taught Mike everyday but Tue. Mike is such a stud. He is so smart, sincere and such a caring person. He asks questions with real concern and just wants to know more about God. He is willing to do what he needs to find out and get answers. We had a very powerful lesson about the restoration. He says he has never felt so close to God. He has also gained a similar testimony of the BOM. He still has a small problem completely trusting God and His will, but he does know that God does and can answer prayers. The last lesson we had we talked all about prayer. He is so sincere and is willing to do what it takes and is working very hard at getting answers.

Every single lesson we let him pray. I break down when I hear him pour out his heart to Heavenly Father and thank him for us, …for me, for my strength and my desire to come and teach him every day. It’s heart melting. I have a tough time pulling my self together. Thanks mom!

On to other news. Patrick will be getting baptized tomorrow. He is such a stud. I haven’t talked a ton about him but he really is just a solid guy. He’s so smart and he is so ready for his baptism. We have run into some complications with Issac. He has caused me a lot of heartache this week.

I did get to help a lady this week make Kakro. It’s a mix of plantains, flour, salt and other spices. It’s like sugarless, fried banana that you eat with beans. Her’s are as close to refried as you can get in Ghana. I flippen love the stuff.

So that’s basically it for today. Thanks again for all that you do. Love you guys big time. Thanks for the prayers. I feel and see the blessings daily.

Xoxox

elder darrow

3 comments:

Lori B. said...

"I flippen love the stuff." U-OH HE'S CROSSED OVER. GEE THAT DIDNT TAKE THAT LONG.

Marcus and Amy said...

Love the picture!

Jess said...

i would like one of those hats!