Kumasi, Ghana - Tro-Tro Bus Station

Kumasi, Ghana - Tro-Tro Bus Station

Sekondi, Ghana

Sekondi, Ghana

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Another month in Sekondi.

Just Alex...


Hello Elder Matheson.


I’ve got my new companion. He’s about 5’5, he is from West Jordan, Ut. and is very, very intelligent. He reads A LOT. He is a very obedient missionary and knows how to work so I’m very excited to serve with him. He has spent the last 14 months in Kumasi so this is his first time to the coast. We should do good work.


It was weird to see Elder Sintim
leave.He didn’t want to go and I miss him a lot. He’s a stud. I did love this week going around and sitting with investigators and letting elder Matheson talk to them and ask questions and hear them bear testimony of things I have been teaching them. That was cool. I will say it makes you feel real old in your area or old on mission when you show another elder around your area and intro him to everyone and that was my second time. I’m excited to see how these next few weeks go. So once he knows his way around im excited to get off and running. I’m also very happy that elder MacKay is still around in the apt.

This Sunday we got to go and watch 2 sessions of con. Sat afternoon and Sun morning. Man it’s so much more powerful listening to them and look into their eyes as they talk. No sweet lessons or anything like that this week. Just a new companion and showing him around.

I did enjoy when we went to meet Meshaq (who is the most loveable and caring guy you can meet and one of the people I will miss the most around here). He shook his hand, then kissed his hand and then told him he loves him and just stared into his eyes for a while. It’s so Meshaq but he doesn’t know him yet.

Sorry my email is so boring this week. Once again thank you for all that you do. I don’t know how a missionary could go out without the support that I have at home. Thank you a million times!!

I’m out of here.

Big, big, big loves,

elder darrow

(the Sekondi Zone November 2010)

2 comments:

Marcus and Amy said...

Hey, does Alex know an Elder Peterson? He is in our Stake and serving in Ghana Cape Coast, I saw his plaque on the wall, but I don't know him. Just wondering.

Another good post.

Sherie Briggs said...

I was so excited to see this picture. My son Elder Briggs arrived in Ghana Sept 3rd 2010. He is pictured in the bottom left of this picture. I had to clear the tears from my eyes and look twice to make sure this was my son. His hair is so short! We have not seen any pictures of the mission yet. This made my day! Thanks for the post. Your son Alex looks great.