Kumasi, Ghana - Tro-Tro Bus Station

Kumasi, Ghana - Tro-Tro Bus Station

Sekondi, Ghana

Sekondi, Ghana

Monday, July 26, 2010

Wow I Love Mondays.

by dad

Today the Sekondi and Takoradi zones had a little get-together at the beach. Alex says it's so sweet to see the all other missionaries together. The two zones have 32 missionaries; 26 elders, 4 sisters and a senior couple, the Lambs. The missionaries love the Lambs. Alex says the work is going great and all is well.

(Sekondi & Takordi zones at the beach)

As for this week. Well, e Sintim and I keep working through our cultural gap. So many things are said and done that are just different. We are getting closer then ever. All good friendships have fights. We have a few. I just have stuff to work on. He’s a really good guy. We get along great and have a lot of fun.

This week e Halling gave a talk. It’s his second to last week here and next week his parents will be here. So weird that he is already leaving. I remember he had 41/2 months left when I got here and the time has already gone. He’s a funny guy and will be missed.

Also this week I went on exchange with elder MacKay who is way sweet and had a very special Fu-Fu experience. I copied out my journal and sent it. So I wont touch on that but it was quite a day. So much Fu-Fu. Sigh. So much.

Also something interesting that happened that I forgot to talk about. Ghanaians are very thrifty. The electrical stuff here is so old and you would never believe some of the things they get to work, that most of the world would have thrown out. For example. My razor that was ‘done-zo’. I saved it and told e. Sintim about it and he asked to see it. He asked if he fixed it if he could have it. I said sure. Well 2-3 hours later he took the entire thing apart and did something and now it’s working. It’s so crazy how he can do that. (Well, it’s not entirely working correctly. It doesn’t hold a charge and when the motor runs the whole machine gets very, very hot, almost over heating. But he got it to work.) They just make things work.

Thanks for everything. Love you guys like crazy and don’t worry there is lots of mail on the way. I love writing and telling you all about what’s going on that I miss on email Mondays.

Wow I love Mondays.

elder darrow

No comments: