Kumasi, Ghana - Tro-Tro Bus Station

Kumasi, Ghana - Tro-Tro Bus Station

Sekondi, Ghana

Sekondi, Ghana

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Burn Notice? Really?!

by dad

Alex being Alex...

When going to the Internet cafe to email home, there are a few things you must remember...
1. always have a good eye on your companion in case of problems on line.
2. you must remember that time is limited and you don’t have time to lolly-gag. Also in case of a hold-up, know where the best chair is that won’t break on the first swing you take at someone and know where your exits are located. (I hope we all got that I was just in a scene from Burn Notice) haha It's crazy here.

Before I start just want to thank you for all the letters and emails. That was sooo awesome. Loved them. My family rocks. So crazy that today is my 4-month mark. Really is going by fast. I know I have a lot in front of me but also can see how fast it will go.

There was a lot of rain this week. So actually it was somehow chilly this week. And when I say chilly I don’t mean cold, I mean that the temp was bearable.

Okay on to important matters. First things first, yesterday I got to see Joseph and King David be ordained priests. Wow! ... Wow! Just never thought of something like that. So flipping cool. Love those kids.

Also I got my pants and shirts tailored so now I look somehow slimmer. No more baggy, baggy cloths. The girl who does my shirts did them for free and really loves the missionaries but you know how I am and gave her money. Wouldn’t take no for an answer, but I really wanted her to have it. The guy who did my pants charged me. shah. So it was 15 cedes ($10) all together and I have tailored everything but 1 pant and 2 shirts. looks good. I sent 2 memory cards home just recently. So hopefully they get to you soon. So hope you enjoy.

(Elder Darrow - on the corner of Sekondi-Takoradi Rd)

Speaking of enjoy. ..... Hmm..... yup.... dinner at the Lambs! Spaghetti with garlic bread. And for dessert chocolate chip cookies and cookies n crème ice cream. SO, SO AWESOME! Love the Lambs. Such a blessing.

Also this week, when Isaac Dazi (our ward coordinator) came over to the apt for our meeting, I showed him the map on the wall. HA. Wish you could have seen this. They have never seen anything like it and he was shocked. Kinda freaked him out to be honest. Hahah. It was cool to go over it with him and explain stuff. Also some elders asked a while ago for mission maps and I guess they know about the map we have in our apt and I think now the APs are going to try and get one for all the apartments. Nothing like the one you went WAY overboard on, but something like it.

I have found that with e Sintim the lessons are different. Less lessons but longer lessons. So it’s a change but all is well. We have 10 progression investigators and the 2 young boys are doing awesome. I don't really like to talk about the numbers. I had a cool realization, yes the numbers matter and show progression, but it just goes back to the quote you gave me about that (confusing motion with progress and activity with results).

(The District - Elders Dadegnon, Bassey, Halling, Moiwo
front - Wolfgramm, Mackay, Sintim, Darrow)

Behind every great missionary is an even better supporting cast. Love you guys so much.

Thanks for everything.

xoxo

elder darrow

2 comments:

Marcus and Amy said...

That has to be some kind of map for word to spread like that! Way to go!

And I have never heard spaghetti and garlic bread and cookies and ice cream sound so good! I can imagine how good that would taste after not having it for a while though!

Jana E said...

Love the Burn Notice reference, must have been crazy.
He cracks me up.
Jana