Kumasi, Ghana - Tro-Tro Bus Station

Kumasi, Ghana - Tro-Tro Bus Station

Sekondi, Ghana

Sekondi, Ghana

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

It’s 1/2 over?

just Alex...

(elder Darrow -Kumasi, Ghana)

Wow I’m about to hit a year. Crazy right. In all honesty it feels like I have been out here FOREVER but yet I still have a ton left. Maybe its because I have yet had an elder who is younger then me in my apartment. I don’t know. Nonetheless I’m excited that I still have so much time left. Weird to think that it’s 1/2 over? Yuk. Gotta buckle down.

As for celebration… (as only Alex could describe it)

Well, I feel as if the heavens opened up and shined down on me and my life and was blessed with the utmost privileged a man of the world could ask for. Golfing was spectacular... nay, monumental, or may I even say spectacular or even prodigious!? (Yes mom and Leah... even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.) We went with e Adams and e Smith and it was a blast. Such a sweet course. It’s actually owned by the Asante King and it was legit. I used Titleist dci clubs, a Taylor made burner and for a putter, we had a Scotty Cameron. I can’t really explain the confusion that brought to me, but none the less it was awesome. I shot a 50. (just threw up in my mouth a little) but it was SO much fun. Thanks dad.

It was a sweet 1 year celebration and a 21st b-day for e Holmes

(elders Adams, Smith, Holmes, and Darrow)

As for people here, Gabriel’s phone has been off all week and we can’t get a hold of him. Julia was confirmed on Sunday and that was awesome. She was very excited to take the sacrament. She’s really just so awesome in general. I talked to e Matheson in Sekondi this week and found out a few updates. Meshaq, my good bud, got his appendix taken out. I guess he’s up and walking around. Also found out that Patrick got the priesthood last week. So sweet.
All my new converts are still solid so all is well. Really do miss good ole Sekondi.

Not much else is going on here. Just a solid week. I’m still happy and healthy. Still enjoying big time with my comp. He’s a stud. At the end of this transfer he will be 9 months and I’m sure he will go, BUT that’s along way away.

(elders Holmes and Darrow caught in a rain storm)

Also FYI. The next time someone comes up from Cape Coast (a.k.a. mail) is next week Wed or Thur. for leader ship training. No mail in some time now. We really are so far away.

Love you guys so very, very much! Pray for the missionaries. We need your help. Come Saturday I’m over the hump.... crazy talk.

elder darrow

1 comment:

Lori B. said...

So he hasn't got his hump package yet?