Kumasi, Ghana - Tro-Tro Bus Station

Kumasi, Ghana - Tro-Tro Bus Station

Sekondi, Ghana

Sekondi, Ghana

Monday, January 24, 2011

Transfer News

by dad

Change is a good thing. Alex sent a lengthy email about his experiences this past week. I will share them later in the week. As for now, Elder Darrow is being transferred to Kumasi. It’s the second largest city in Ghana. It’s in the Ashanti region on the map to the right (light brown area). It is one of the northern most cities in his mission with missionaries, except for some new areas that have recently been opened to missionary work. Here are his thoughts on the transfer.

(Good-bye Sekondi)

I shall now talk more about transfers. I wont go into crazy detail about what’s going on in Sekondi and all the places. I am going to Asuoyeboa (ass-see-oh-bwah) in Kumasi. I will be with e. Holmes. Also in the apartment is e. Baron who was just transferred in and a Ghanian e. Adu-Gyamfi. Also, e. Yapo going up to Kumasi and will be in my same district. I also have the privilege to be with e. Mackay again. I’m so very excited about that. As for e. Matheson, he is, drum roll please.... training. He will teach exactness in obedience.

Today the Lambs took our apartment to NorthSea (restaurant) and picked up the tab. (I didnt have my black magic card or I would have tried). We all got pizza and needless to say it was complete awesomeness. ... simple! The Lambs rock and I will miss them so so much. Very sad.
That’s about it on the week, or at least all that I can put in an email that you can understand.

I’m very sad to leave cuz it’s home. On Sunday when I was expecting to go,
I was at the door holding my little bud alex and had a very depressing moment at the thought of never seeing him and all the others again. It does help that there are good chances you guys will come out so I will get to see them all again, but still sad. It’s been my home for 10 months and honestly know a lot of the people here better then most of the families at my home ward. But as sad as I am to go, I’m more than ready.

Thank you for the prayers and for the love and support and for all that you do and have done for me. I know God is listening when we pray to him and believe me you, that I’m praying for all of you who are praying for me, my mission and the missionaries in general.

THANK YOU!

love you like a fat kid loves cake.

elder darrow

p.s. e. Matheson was just randomly telling me some random story and about someone who someone else blah, blah, ... and it led to the conversation about recent converts. I just realized that every single one of my recent converts (except Patrick cuz he was sick) was at church Sunday.

Wow. I WILL miss Sekondi.

3 comments:

Lori B. said...

bittersweet...

Marcus and Amy said...

Oh awesome! He will be fantastic, the next city needs Elder Alex!

"love you like a fat kid loves cake" - where does he come up with this stuff! laughed my head off!

Jess said...

SHUT UP!!! THAT IS LIKE A PICTURE YOU SEE IN A MAGAZINE. HIM AND THE LITTLE BOY.... SERIOUSLY HE IS NOT REALLY IN AFRICA RIGHT NOW! OHHH... i miss him:(