Kumasi, Ghana - Tro-Tro Bus Station

Kumasi, Ghana - Tro-Tro Bus Station

Sekondi, Ghana

Sekondi, Ghana

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I see the blessings daily.

just Alex...

This week was awesome as always. (sooo redundant) Here is what’s going on…

A Baptism

(E. Darrow, Patrick, Michal, Grace Bonsi, Bro. Kumah, E. Sintim)

I will start on Tuesday. That was a sweet day. Grace Bonsi and Michal Jackson were both baptized. We showed up to the church and Grace and Bro Kumah (her husband) were there waiting. As we talked to them I could tell they were ready. Grace said that they were practicing all day. (I don’t know how you would practice without being in the water, but she said that he dropped her every time. hahah).

Michal was super scared cuz she hasn’t ever been in water like that. It was quite tough for her but she did it. As for the baptism, it was one of the most powerful for sure. It was some holiday here in Ghana so there were so many members there. The room was packed so that helped a lot. Bro Kumah and Patrick (member friend who baptized Michal) both did a great job. I just feel so lucky to be apart of such an amazing work in such an awesome place. I actually had an emotional moment sitting in church on Sunday when Grace was confirmed by her husband. I just got to see a family joined in the gospel and one day sealed together. Just realized how important the work i’m doing and how it's really not my work, it’s His work. I'm just a tool in His hand. Just such a blessing to be here.

Things are Great with Elder Sintim. We are way tight. Also, we completed the football finding goal so that is sweet. We had a mission fast on sat-sun for thanks. All the things we do really are by the hand of the Lord, not by us.


(Elder Sintim & Elder Darrow)

This week we had a lot and a lot of rain. It’s hard to get a lot done with lots of rain. But I enjoyed it cuz I think it will be the last rain then it's dry season. Sigh. We also found out that the temple trip was canceled. Stinks right? Ya, I was bummed.

As for Isaac, we got so sit with him this week and had another powerful lesson about to BOM. He was very very grateful when I found out that p-doe (aka Dad) talked to his wife. She told him and he was happy about it. Thanks for that. Things are still truckin along with Agyemang and Patricia. With the new goal we are going to be doing a lot of work with the recent converts to try and get new people.

All is going well with Patrick. He could be baptized any day now we are just waiting for another to have more in the baptism. Have lots of people to teach as always. Things are just well.

It was a crazy week with new elders coming and going?! Elder Eke is a cool guy and Elder Lawton in Takoradi and he’s from Australia. That’s always fun. Also have a new greenie in the Zone, Elder Briggs. He’s from Utah and went to Riverton. He is really cool. He is having a tough time with the food and I gave him some of my mashed potatoes mix. The Lambs take care of him too.

(Elder Darrow & The Lambs)

Don’t worry about me. I'm safe and staying healthy. Sometime soon I might be making an order for new pants and shirts. They fixed them, but they still looks awkward. Don’t stress over it yet but sometime maybe for my 1-year or something. I got a ways.

Love you guys. Thanks for all the emails and support. Thanks for the prayers. I see the blessings daily.

elder darrow


3 comments:

Lori B. said...

Does it GET better? He sounds great!

Marcus and Amy said...

So awesome! He is just thriving out there isn't he?! Just living on very little and lovin' it!

Does he like FuFu yet?

I bet those baptisms are just awesome.

Nicki said...

Thank goodness for the Lambs, huh? They seem to really know the way to a missionary's heart!