Kumasi, Ghana - Tro-Tro Bus Station

Kumasi, Ghana - Tro-Tro Bus Station

Sekondi, Ghana

Sekondi, Ghana

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Transfers- If's and But's (candy and nuts)

by dad

Just Alex...

Okay, this week has been weird with elder Lacanivalu (elder Fij) leaving. He was the Zone Leader and is headed home to Fiji. It was really sad to see him go, but we did small parting so it was fun.

(Sekondi - Elder's Lacanivalu, Bahme, and Halling)

Elder Bahme is being transferred. Over the last few weeks I have gotten really really close with e Bahme. I am actually VERY sad. He will be missed. I'm sure he's a guy I will talk about for a while and be friends with for some time. He’s awesome and really started my mission off well. He is going to open a new area about 40 min outside of Cape Coast. It’s bush big time. He has a sweet American comp. He is the district leader there. It's a branch that worships at a rented out school building. Sunday night we were just talking in "ifs and buts" (ya candy and nuts too) and I realized how much more scary it was for him knowing that he is going somewhere he doesn’t know than for me, as I was most likely going to stay. I was really really nervous for elder bahme and actually did A LOT of praying for him and I'm stoked that he got sweet news. They'll have a lot of baptisms. So happy for him.

(Elder Bahme - my trainer and friend)

On to newer and greater news. Well my new companion is elder SINTIM. I am SOO stoked for this. He is a Ghanaian. He’s from Accra. SOO sick. Which means, I will be learning TWI! Goodbye the VERY small Fante I know and hello Twi. They say if you know Twi you can somehow understand Fante, and almost anyone who speaks Fante knows small Twi. I am so stoked for that. Also I heard he’s a sweet guy. . . so happy about this. Also realized that having a Ghanaian with you is sweet. He doesn’t let people take you for anything and knows what’s up and obviously knows the language. Also realized that anyone from Ghana will have no problem at all with ANY food that comes our way. HOLLA! So excited about that. I'm doing fine with the food, but it's just sweet to know that. He will come on Weds.

Also the new guy in our apartment is elder MacKay from Vegas. He’s in elder Bahmes MTC group and seems really sweet. e Bahme loved him so i'm excited. Should be crazy.

I got 2 pairs of pants tailored here. They did a good job. So I will go and take the rest there. They actually could have gone smaller on my pants but at least it doesn’t look like i'm wearing a parachute anymore. ha

This week Agyemang told us he for sure wants to be baptized BUT his father wont allow it. sigh... I feared the worst... but I think once we meet him and talk with him they will be cool. Maybe we can just teach the whole fam and baptize them all. Agyemang's bro and sis are interested too. I guess we will see.

Yes another amazing lesson with Ebenezer. Only saw him once. Did the whole restoration and it was very powerful. He is the type of investigator who is so smart that we will ask harder questions and give him chances to fill in spots and he does. He is so sweet and sooo smart. To spare the many details, at the end he told us that he feels the same as he did on Sat when we came and just loves meeting with us cuz he feels so different. Told us that its clear to him that he has some serious praying to do about Joseph Smith cuz that man is very important person to know about and he can see that if he knows his story is true, then of course it's all true. He said all that before we told him to pray and ask and all that good stuff. He’s so sweet.

Also this week I finished the BOM. Love that book. Not sure if I should get into the NT or Jesus the Christ next. I do a lot of reading at church and I can’t read JtC at church. sigh... got a big decision to make this week.

(Kojo Awotwe, Joseph, Elder Darrow, & King David)

Also big and sweet news. Joseph and King David... my boys... well they haven’t missed church yet and are flippin sweet. They are being interviewed on Tue to receive the priesthood. Yup... got the same feeling... so tight. I'm actually hoping that we can get Joseph's little bro to be baptized who is around 8 and have Joseph do that. How tight would that be? Wow I love this work. I love this gospel. I love my mom and dad (while I'm naming things right). I really do love you all so much. This church is so awesome.

Oh, I completely forgot to say about e Meinzer. We both had comps who had been the same place their whole mission and were both expecting them to go. Email his mom and dad plz and tell them I send my very best and I love their son very much and that i'm always looking out for that boy. e meinzer is training. crazy right. At 3 months. So weird. But he will be an awesome trainer. He is.... VERY exact so that’s awesome. He will be tight. So ya he’s not going anywhere and stoked about that.

Wow I love you all so much. You guys are everything. Thanks for all you do. Rock on baby. You’re in my prayers

elder darrow

3 comments:

Jana E said...

He is so adorable! Love and miss him!

Marcus and Amy said...

Another great post.

Someday Alex will be another Elders, Elder Bahme!

Nicki said...

I love the pictures!