Kumasi, Ghana - Tro-Tro Bus Station

Kumasi, Ghana - Tro-Tro Bus Station

Sekondi, Ghana

Sekondi, Ghana

Friday, May 14, 2010

Mother's Day was Awesome. I can't wait till Father's Day!

by dad

Alex is doing great! First of all, he shaved his head. He actually did it when he was in the MTC, compliments of Elder Meinzer. Alex says it 'helps with the heat'. Jan - March is the hottest time of the year in West Africa. Now comes the rain season, May - July. They have already had the pleasure of walking home in the rain, soaked to the bone.

He said the apartment they live in is nice.

It has everything we need. It has separate bedrooms for both companionships, with a nice bed, complete with mosquito net and fan. The apartment has a kitchen, a place to eat, and even a laundry room. Now if we only had a washing machine.


So i am getting along quite well with my companion. i ask a lot of questions and i always want to know what's going on, so sometimes i push the limit. He rarely gets upset. It's good.

(Elder Darrow & Elder Bahme)

All of the sun has enhanced Alex's freckles. Apparently, freckles aren't a common occurrence in Ghana.

the people are amazed with my freckles. they think it's like a weird skin disease. they always ask me about them with real concern and make sure i'm okay. it's crazy.

As for the Mother's Day call, Elder Darrow sounded happy as can be. The work is going well. He gets along great with his companion. He loves the people. He expressed gratitude for the things he has been blessed with, 'cuz these people don't have anything.'

He misses anything cold and is committed to liking Fu-Fu. And lastly,


tell everyone i love them!

3 comments:

Marcus and Amy said...

How come I can't click on the pictures and make them bigger so I can see them better?

I would miss cold things too! I guess he will come back to Utah and love winter time!!

I think when he gets home he needs to make FuFu for everyone!

Go Alex!!

Mike and Shelby said...

I love the new header pictures! He looks and sounds like he is having the best time!

Lori B. said...

It does look like a nice apartment! He looks great. I agree with Amy, I want to see his enhanced freckles up close!